It’s my last blog, you guys. It’s the last time I’ll wake up early to head to my darling neighborhood coffee shop (Starbucks) to write pop culture tidbits for our loyal People’s Choice audience (my parents). It’s the last time I’ll try to make sure my blog is perfect so the editors (my PCA colleagues) don’t find any grammer misstakes and really, it’s the last time I get to have this great platform from which to shout my favorite things about Hollywood and beyond.
Over the past year I’ve written about everything from holidays & hurricanes to the election & the Super Bowl. I once even wrote about the first day of Spring (S is for sleeveless t-shirts! P is for parks!) Yes, it was a bit of a stretch, but everyone has a bad blog week here and there.
So, because it’s my last blog, and I won’t have the opportunity to harp on random aspects of entertainment at will anymore, I’ve put together a smorgasbord of my favorite things in pop culture right now, at this very minute. Check it out:
- Rihanna’s Grammy outfits
- Julie Klausner’s recaps of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on Vulture.com
- Doug Loves Movies – This is my favorite podcast. Have you heard about podcasts?
- Parks and Recreation
- Gifs (Any of them… All of them)
- Jess and Nick on New Girl – They finally kissed! And it was magical! And they’re the new Sam and Diane Ross and Rachel Jim and Pam!
- Small Dadding
- Willie Geist on the Today Show
- Ziggy Marley’s Hair
- Starbucks Blonde Roast
- Fashion Police on E!
- Robyn’s hits from 1997 (this and this)
- Saturday Night Live
- True crime books – anybody have any good recommendations?
- Happy Endings – I dedicated an entire blog to this show and I won’t give up until it’s renewed. Head to my new website www.HappyEndingsOrBust.blogspot.com
- Singing Glee (Season 1) songs in the shower
- House of Cards on Netflix
- Maya Rudolph and Paul F. Tompkins covering “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Lena Dunham
- Talking about Girls and Lena Dunham
- Downton Abbey
- Downton Sixby
- Questlove’s Instagram Feed
- Chrissy Teigen’s Twitter Feed
- Any list on Buzzfeed.com
- Romantic comedy mentions on The Mindy Project
- These old photos of ‘NSYNC
- Thinking Jennifer Lawrence and/or Emma Stone could be my best friends
- This guy
- THIS GUY
For a gal who never liked to write, it’s been a real pleasure writing for you this year. Good night, and good luck.
And in more fun pop culture news, it’s been announced that Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z are planning a tour! Which upcoming tour are you most looking forward to?
Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!