Miley Cyrus was not trying to be provocative at the VMAs — at least that’s what she says in a new interview with Rolling Stone. The pop star opened up to the magazine just four days after her buzzy performance. Check out six choice quotes from the story below:
6. Miley and Kanye West are “homies.” “I kind of have a good relationship with him now. It’s good to have someone you can call and be like, ‘Yo, do you think I should wear this?’ ‘Do you think I should go in the studio with this guy?’ ‘Do you think this is cool?’ That’s what homies are supposed to do.”
5. Miley on her VMA performance: “If I was trying to be sexy, I could have been sexy. I can dance a lot better than I was dancing.”
4. Also, she thinks it’s unfair that she got more heat than Robin Thicke. “It was a lot of ‘Miley twerks on Robin Thicke,’ but never, ‘Robin Thicke grinds up on Miley.”
3. Speaking off her twerk, Miley may retire it (along with her tongue). “Now people expect me to come out and twerk with my tongue out all the time. I’ll probably never do that sh*t again.”
2. She sometimes mentors Justin Bieber. “People don’t take him seriously, but he really can play the drums, he really can play guitar, he really can sing. I just don’t want to see him fuck that up, to where people think he’s Vanilla Ice.”
1. After going skydiving with Rolling Stone’s reporter for the story, Miley immediately calls her mom to let her know she’s safe. “One thing about sky diving,” she says, “you really know who you love, based on who you call.” She doesn’t remember to call then-fiance Liam Hemsworth until the reporter asks her about him.
Read the full interview here.
What do you think of Miley’s latest comments? What’s your opinion of her now?
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!