Happy Tuesday! As we inch closer to Turkey Day, try our delicious sampling of entertainment appetizers to satisfy your appetite before Thursday’s feast. Sandra Bullock, James Franco Jennifer Lawrence and more lead today’s headlines!
Here are 7 entertainment headlines to start your day:
1. The Boss is back! Bruce Springsteen is set to release a new studio album on Jan. 14, 2014. Titled “High Hopes,” the 12-track CD features eight songs written by Springsteen himself. [Cleveland.com]
Next: Sandra Bullock named “Entertainer of the Year,” Julia Roberts on Jennifer Lawrence and more
2. Of Mice and Men and… Franco? James Franco will play the role of George in the Broadway revival of the John Steinbeck classic Of Mice and Men, which will begin performances in March at the Longacre Theatre. Bridesmaids star Chris O’Dowd has been tabbed for the role of Lennie. [ABC]
3. Even in death it appears that every animated dog will have his day. Outraged Family Guy fans have started an online petition in order to revive the popular character of Brian the dog, who was surprisingly killed off during Sunday’s episode. As of now they have over 33,000 signatures. [EW]
4. What did you buy Miley Cyrus for her 21st birthday? If you’re her father Billy Ray, the answer is a a $24,000 customized Cam-Am Spyder motorcycle, complete with her initials plastered all over it. Below is a pic of Cyrus celebrating her big day with gal pal Kelly Osbourne. [People]
6. Original darling Julia Roberts welcomes Jennifer Lawrence to the unofficial “America’s Sweethearts” club. During an interview with MTV, Roberts said she thinks Lawrence is “fabulous,” but that she also seems “cooler than me.” [MTV]
7. A little good news bad news situation: Sandra Bullock has been named EW’s Entertainer of the Year, but also nixes any talk of a sequel to this year’s comedy classic The Heat. [EW]
What’s your favorite morning headline?