Thursday is here and the pop culture headlines are near — as in right below this very paragraph. We reveal One Direction’s Niall Horan’s celebrity twin, disclose the secret identity of the new DC supervillain headed to Arrow and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. Have you ever noticed that Downton Abbey star Allen Leech bares a striking resemblance to One Direction’s Niall Horan? Andy Cohen did and pointed out the visual similarity on a recent episode of Watch What Happens Live. “He’s my son,” Leech deadpanned. “I had him really young. I had the choice to give him to the circus or a boy band, I chose a boy band. He’s done much better there because his backflips are terrible.” [E!]
Next: Watch Jamie Lynn Spears cover a Britney song…
2. Why put off tomorrow what you can do today? The first official trailer for the new Tom Cruise/Emily Blunt futuristic alien thriller Edge of Tomorrow has been released! Edge of Tomorrow arrives in theaters on June 6th, 2014. [Just Jared]
3. There’s only one man who can stop Miley Cyrus: PSY. The singer’s “Gentleman” was named the most viewed YouTube music video of 2013. Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” and “We Can’t Stop” came in second and third respectively. Rihanna, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry were also included in the top ten. [Daily News]
4. Former Prison Break star Robert Knepper is apparently a highly sought-after commodity in Hollywood. Not only has Knepper been tapped to appear in the next Hunger Games film, he’s also set to play William Tockman — aka DC supervillain Clock King — in an upcoming episode of CW’s Arrow. You can currently catch Knepper on TNT’s Mob City. [EW]
5. Celebrities — they’re just like us! Angelina Jolie has been banned from flying her personal plane due to an expired aircraft registration. Jolie obtained her pilot’s license in 2004 after adopting her son Maddox. [E!]
6. In literal Sister Sister news, Jamie Lynn Spears broke out into a country cover of her big sister’s 2000 smash hit “Oops I Did it Again” during a recent performance of her song “Ms. Mississippi.” How’d she do? Watch below to find out! [People]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!