Happy Monday! We present to you a humble offering of the very best pop culture headlines the Internet has to offer. The Terminator reboot finds itself a new Sarah Connor, Mark Wahlberg opens up about his basketball rivalry with an A-list actor and Beyoncé’s record-breaking weekend all in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. All hail the queen! Industry sources suggest the sales for Beyoncé’s surprise self-titled album, which dropped without any pre-release announcement or publicity, reached over 550,000 in the U.S. through Saturday night. “Beyoncé” is set to be 2013’s biggest debuting album by a female artist surpassing Katy Perry’s “Prism,” which sold 286,000 in its first week. [Billboard]
2. They got next! Mark Wahlberg opened up about how his real life basketball feud with Leonardo DiCaprio almost prevented him from appearing in the 1995 film The Basketball Diaries. [Us Weekly]
3. Peter O’Toole, the Hollywood legend famous for his title role in Lawrence of Arabia, passed away on Saturday in a London hospital. The 81 year old had been undergoing treatment for a long illness. [BBC]
4. Making good on his “I’ll be back” promise, Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to reprise his role as The Terminator in the Alan Taylor directed reboot of the popular film series — and he found himself a new Sarah Connor. Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke was been awarded the iconic role after beating out such starlets like Brie Larson and Margot Robbie. No plot details for the reboot are known at this time. [NME]
5. New mom Jessica Simpson is adjusting to motherhood quite nicely. The former Employee of the Month star tweeted out a picture Saturday night sans makeup. “I now look at all moms as superheroes,” Simpson was quoted saying at the Footwear News Achievement Awards on Dec. 3. “We are incredible, powerful women.” [E!]
6. The Critic’s Choice Award nominations are here! 12 Years a Slave and American Hustle dominated the ballot with 13 nods each. [Variety]
What’s your favorite headline from today?