Happy Tuesday! Enjoy your festive cup of eggnog and side of gingerbread with a couple of pop culture headlines. Julia Roberts thanks the Kardashians, Beyonce talks bravery and The Associated Press announces its Entertainer of the Year. These stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. Julia Roberts is thankful for the Kardashians this holiday season. Record scratch?! In reference to the reality royalty, Roberts recently told In Touch that, “As a film actor, I’m [only] inviting people to pay attention to my characters. But if you’re a reality star, by virtue you are asking and inviting people to pay attention to you. It’s great because they take that attention away from me.” [NY Magazine]
2. After appearing in the first three installments of the X-Men franchise, Anna Paquin will not appear in the next film. Paquin shot a scene for X-Men: Days of Future Past, but director Bryan Singers decided to cut it from the final edit because it ended up being “extraneous.” X–Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23rd, 2014. [Global Post]
3. Show him the money! Jon Hamm plays sports agent J.B. Bernstein who is betrayed by a client and left in dire financial straits in the new Disney movie Million Dollar Arm. Lake Bell, Suraj Sharma and Alan Arkin also star. Check out the trailer below. [EW]
4. Jennifer Lawrence vs. Miley Cyrus vs. Netflix? The Hunger Games star beat out the twerking sensation and on-demand phenom to earn the title of The Associated Press’ Entertainer of the Year. Voters were asked to consider who had the most influence on entertainment and culture in 2013. Lawrence garnered 15 votes, narrowly edging out Cyrus and Netflix, who received 14 and 13 votes respectively. [ABC News]
5. Beyonce stopped by a screening of videos for her universally popular visual album Saturday night at the New York’s School for Visual Arts and openly talked about how her own insecurities assisted in the creation of her dynamic new album. “I’ve never done anything so brave in my life,” Queen Bey told the crowd. “The amount of personal growth from this project is unlike anything I’ve ever done. I took all of my insecurities, all of my doubts, all of my fears, and everything I’ve learned, (and) I applied it into this project.” [USA Today]
6. Ever wonder how much your favorite television scribe makes for writing your favorite TV show? This comprehensive guide from Defamer will answer all your questions. [Defamer]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ or ‘Home Alone’? What’s Your Favorite Holiday Movie? — DISCUSS
Who Were the Best TV Couples of 2013? — DISCUSS
Holiday Dress Shopping? Tim Gunn Reveals the One Metallic You Should Watch Out For — VIDEO
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!