Happy Wednesday! If you look into the distance and squint extra hard, you can see a glimpse of Friday on the horizon. Celebrate your midweek-a-versary with some celebrity headlines! Is a possible Pretty Little Liars vs. The Originals feud in the works? Which pop singer is celebrating her recent engagement? And what were Taylor Swift and Jared Leto talking about at a Golden Globes after-party? Those were some questions, here are some answers!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. The CW is taking an aggressive — and very specific — approach to promoting their freshman vampire drama The Originals. A teaser ad imploring fans to “Ditch the old A ” — a pointed reference to the mysterious bully villain on the ABC Family series Pretty Little Liars — aired on ABC Family last night during an episode of Pretty Little Liars. Will ABC Family retaliate with a “Vampires suck” promo of their own? [EW]
2. “No soup for you!” Jerry Seinfeld and Jason Alexander were spotted Monday walking into Tom’s Restaurant, the culinary inspiration for Monk’s Cafe, where Seinfeld and company spent endless television hours discussing the minutia of everyday life. Speculation abounds as to what prompted the return visit, with the most popular theories pointing to an episode of Seinfeld’s web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee or perhaps a Super Bowl commercial. [Vanity Fair]
3. Don’t have HBO but want to watch the season three premiere of Girls? You’re in luck! HBO has placed the first two episodes of season three on YouTube. Tune in and find out which character states, “I will never be bored as long as there’s Halloween.” [Slate]
4. 30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto was photographed having an intimate conversation with superstar Taylor Swift at the InStyle magazine Golden Globes after-party on Sunday night. No word yet on what the 42-year-old Leto and 24-year-old Swift were chatting about, but could a joint musical venture be in the works? [NY Daily News]
6. Congratulations, Ciara! After months of rumors the singer announced that she is indeed expecting a baby with her rapper-producer fiancé Future. This will be the “1,2, Step” singers first child. No due date has officially been announced. [People]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
Gabourey Sidibe Shuts Down Twitter Haters With Epic Tweet
Golden Globes 2014: 10 Best Dressed
Tim Gunn on Fashion Hits and Misses at the People’s Choice Awards — VIDEO
People’s Choice Awards: 10 All-Time Best Dressed
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!