Hello and welcome to Wednesday, our fourth favorite day of the week! Miley Cyrus promotes her upcoming MTV Unplugged special, the Jamaican bobsled team evokes a sense of nostalgia and “if you wanna” see the Spice Girls you are out out of luck. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer debuted her new half-shaved hairstyle at the SAG awards Saturday night. Dormer’s new look, which has been hidden for three months, is a result of her upcoming portrayal of Cressida in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. “Francis Lawrence, the director of Mockingjay, and I discussed it and I took the job on the premise that I would possibly [have to] shave my whole head,” the actress explained. “I’m actually really pleased that we went halfway because I think it’s more the Capitol… and that’s where Cressida comes from.” [Entertainment Weekly]
2. Are we headed toward a possible Spice Girl reunion? Nope. Not at all according to former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham. While the popular ’90s group reunited for a 2008 world tour and surprise performance at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics in 2012, another reunion appears unlikely. “I won’t ever do it again,” Beckham proclaimed in the latest issue of Vanity Fair Italy and Spain. “Doing the Olympics was an incredible honor. I was so proud to do it, proud to be British. That was a perfect time to say, ‘That’s great. Thank you to everybody, but no more.’ Sometimes you’ve got to know when it’s time to leave the party.” [Hollywood Take]
3. Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it’s bobsled time! The Jamaican bobsled team, which gained acclaim after the popular ’90s film Cool Runnings, will be competing in the Winter Olympics thanks to a compassionate outpouring of online financial support. The team qualified for the Olympics for the first time since 2002, but were in need of $80,000 to transform their dream into a reality. An online collection page was setup, and as of Tuesday night has raised over $128,000! [People]
4. While attending the Sundance premiere of her movie “Song One,” Oscar winner Anne Hathaway attempted to set the record straight about recent paparazzi photos that have been circulating that appeared to show the star in peril while in the ocean, possibly caught in a riptide, and needing to be rescued by her husband. “I’m fine,” Hathaway stated. “I really do appreciate everybody’s concern but that was a picture that had a false story attached to it. The real story is not as interesting.” [ABC News]
5. Lindsay Lohan announced that she is set to star in and produce an upcoming psychological thriller from Emmett/Furla Films titled Inconceivable. Lohan’s last cinematic role was in the 2013 film The Canyons. [Vulture]
6. Miley Cyrus shared a provocative new photo of herself to promote her forthcoming MTV Unplugged special. The “Wrecking Ball” performer adorned a collection of ostrich feathers, a yellow silk choker and, of course, large fake teeth while posing for the unconventional shot. Miley Cyrus: Unplugged premieres January 29th on MTV. [Cosmopolitan]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!