Happy Monday! We hope you’ve fully recovered from an exiting weekend of pop culture excitement! We recap the 2014 Grammy Awards, Leonardo DiCaprio drops by Saturday Night Live and we have your first look at the new Fifty Shades of Grey movie poster. All that and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. Daft Punk, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Lorde were among the big winners at the 2014 Grammy Awards. Daft Punk won both the Album and Record of the year, while Lorde’s “Royals” won Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also captured Grammy gold for Best New Artist, Best Rap Album, Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song at this year’s award show. [Billboard]
2. Jonah Hill got by with a little help from his friends while hosting SNL this weekend. First, Hill’s Wolf of Wall Street co-star Leonardo DiCaprio dropped by during the opening monologue to help ease his nerves by reenacting an iconic scene from Titanic. Later, Hill’s Superbad co-star Michael Cera made a cameo appearance in the digital short spoof of Spike Jonze’s Her, Spike Jonze’s Me. Watch the DiCaprio’s surprise entry below. [TV Guide]
3. Grammy host LL Cool J came to the defense of Justin Bieber after the “Boyfriend” singer’s recent arrest. “At the end of the day, I mean, he’s 19 years old,” LL Cool J explained. “So, you gotta cut the guy some slack you know, he’s not like a 35-year-old with penny loafers and khaki’s on and you know, dropping his kids off at school and drag racing in a Lambo — that would be a little different! But I think we just gotta remember what we were doing at 19.” [Us Weekly]
4. Are you ready for your first look at the tantalizing new Fifty Shades of Grey movie poster? The theatrical poster teases fans with the caption “Mr. Grey Will See You Now” while promoting the film’s Valentine’s Day 2015 release. [ABC News]
5. Shonda Rhimes and Scandal Executive Producer Betsy Beers were awarded the Diversity Award at the Directors Guild of America Awards Saturday night and while the dynamic television duo were honored to receive the accolade, Rhimes was angered that the need for such an award still exists. “Both Betsy and I like the world that we work in to look like the world that we live in. Different voices make for different visions. Different visions make for something original. Original is what the public is starving for.” [Entertainment Weekly]
6. Who knew George Clooney was such a prankster? Matt Damon recently revealed that Clooney tricked him into thinking he was gaining weight by secretly getting the waistline of his pants taken in. The best part? Clooney had played the same prank on Damon years before. [Vulture]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
Watch Jared Leto Flirt With ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Emilia Clarke
‘Full House’ Guys Reunite for Commercial — Where is The Rest of the Cast Now?
5 Movies and TV Shows That Deserve Their Own ‘Harry Potter’ Style Theme Park
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!