Happy Thursday! We have an entertaining mix of celebrity headlines for you to accompany your morning coffee. George Clooney reveals Brad Pitt’s Oceans Twelve hijinks, Lorde publicly thanks her fans in a unique fashion and Tom Hiddleston reveals why it’s good to be bad. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone are not romantically involved, according to E!News. Contrary to recent reports, the oft rumored couple are apparently just “really good friends and have a lot of fun together.” [E Online]
2. Notorious prankster George Clooney revealed the details of an epic prank co-star Brad Pitt played on him during a Reddit AMA this week. “We were shooting Oceans 12 in my hometown in Lake Como, and he had a flier sent around saying ‘George only wants to be called by his character’s name Danny Ocean, don’t look him in the eyes,’ and it got into the local paper,” Clooney wrote. “When it got into the paper I came downstairs and Brad had the paper in his hand, and I said ‘You’re mine from here on out.'” [Reddit]
3. Despite the fact that the CW series Supernatural is in the middle of its ninth season, the popular program had its most-watched episode in four years on Tuesday night. While most scripted programs were on a break due to the State of the Union Address, Supernatural shined against its presidential competition. [Entertainment Weekly]
4. Recent Grammy Award winner Lorde took out a page in The New Zealand Herald to thank her fans for her meteoric rise that culminated with Grammy gold. The handwritten note, complete with a Grammy doodle, acknowledged that there was “no way she would have ever have gotten to stand in the middle of the Staples Center and perform in her school shoes” without her fans. [Idolator]
5. Miranda Lambert and Tim McGraw led the nominations for the Academy of Country Music Awards yesterday with seven nods apiece. Fresh off her Grammy performance Taylor Swift, along with Lambert, Blake Shelton, George Strait and Luke Bryan, was nominated for the coveted entertainer of the year award. The Academy of Country Music Awards will be held on April 6th. [Chicago Tribune]
6. Have you ever wondered why villains are always played by Brits in Hollywood movies? In Jaguar’s newly released Super Bowl commercial, actors Sir Ben Kingsley, Mark Strong and Tom Hiddleston reveal why it’s good to be bad.
What’s your favorite headline from today?
Rihanna Awesomely Photobombs ‘Full House’ Reunion
Why Ariana Grande Was Reportedly In Tears on the Grammys Red Carpet
Zooey Deschanel Launches Tommy Hilfiger Collection, Miley Cyrus Plays Guitar Hero and More
Taylor Swift Had The Best Time Ever At The Grammys
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!