Happy Valentine’s Day! In lieu of chocolate, please accept this assortment of pop culture headlines! Mariah Carey reenacts a scene from Mean Girls, a bevy of stars sign on to save New York City in Sharknado 2, and Dakota Johnson dishes about what it’s like to play Anastasia Steele in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. This should come as no surprise, but it’s good to be Beyonce. Queen Bey received a $2,390 gold and silver Tacori Promise bracelet from hubby Jay Z for Valentine’s Day. The bracelet features intertwining gold and silver pieces and a lock and key closure. [E Online]
2. Want to watch a clip that is absolutely fetch? While promoting her new single “You’re Mine,” Mariah Carey channeled her inner Regina George by reenacting a scene from Mean Girls with husband Nick Cannon. Take a look! [Cosmo]
3. Topher Grace’s new website, cerealprize.com, is an interesting collection of pop culture ephemera. While he still maintains a successful acting career, the former That 70’s Show star is also broadening his creative horizon by re-cutting classic films like the second Star Wars trilogy and Boogie Nights. [The Wrap]
4. Stars are lining up to add Sharknado 2: The Second One to their resume. SyFy announced that Mark McGrath, Kelly Osbourne, Judd Hirsch, Andy Dick, Judah Friedlander and Vivica A. Fox will all appear in the New York based sequel. According to a press release, the sequel will feature a “freak weather system” that unleashes a Sharknado on New York City. [EW]
5. Ryan Seacrest’s already overpopulated resume is about to get even more crowded. The television host is launching a new clothing line this fall called “Ryan Seacrest Distinction.” The new line, which will be available at Macy’s, is aimed at men who have a hard time putting an outfit together. [People]
6. Dakota Johnson, who will play Anastasia Steele in the theatrical release of Fifty Shades of Grey, revealed to Vanity Fair that preparing for the provocative role has been “kinda boring.” “A lot of getting into the character’s head, in Ana’s headspace before she meets Christian, so it’s a lot of reading, which I love,” Johnson said. “She’s an English major, so that’s kinda boring.” Fifty Shades of Grey arrives in theaters February 13, 2015. [MTV]
Will Ferrell and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Chad Smith Are Gearing Up For an Epic ‘Drum Battle
Taylor Swift Sings Eminem’s ‘Lose Yourself’ and 8 More Surprising Celebrity Covers — VIDEO
Cast Your Vote Now for the Most Romantic TV Couple of All-Time!
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!