Happy Monday! Did you win your office Oscar pool? We did not. In retrospect, wring in Zachary Quinto to win Best Supporting Actor was quite the long shot. But c’mon, Academy, give Spock some credit! On to the news of the day: A former Full House star gets engaged, Miley Cyrus receives the prom treatment and you won’t believe who the movie Miss Congeniality was based on. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. We may not have seen the last of Jesse Pinkman. During a promotional interview for his upcoming movie Need for Speed, Aaron Paul mentioned he has had “serious talks” about appearing in Better Call Saul, the Breaking Bad prequel starring Bob Odenkirk. “Anything Vince is involved with, I’m there,” said Paul. “I owe him my entire career. And the idea of jumping into the skin of Jesse Pinkman again in his lighter days — because it’s all a prequel — it would be fun.” Better Call Saul is set to premiere in November on AMC. [Time]
2. A former Full House star may be taking a trip down the aisle. Mary-Kate Olsen is reportedly engaged to French banker Olivier Sarkozy. This would be the first marriage for Olsen and second marriage for the 44-year-old Sarkozy. [LA Times]
3. While Miley Cyrus wasn’t able to attend Matt Peterson’s prom, she gave the superfan a night he’ll never forget. After chatting and snapping a few pics backstage, Cyrus brought Peterson onstage during her rendition of “Adore You.” During the middle of her performance, Peterson bent down on his knee to present Cyrus with a corsage to which Cyrus replied, “I was in this position once before, and it didn’t work out too well the last time a guy got on one knee for me.” Allow us translate: She’s talking about her previous engagement to Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth. [E Online]
4. The 2000 Sandra Bullock film Miss Congeniality was based on… Ellen DeGeneres? The Oscar host spilled the beans about the origins of the hit movie in the latest issue of Parade magazine. “When I was getting ready to co-host the Emmys, the writer saw me [on TV] learning how to walk in a dress and heels. My stylist at the time — a man — was teaching me, and it was hilarious. The Miss Congeniality writer saw it and thought it was brilliant.” [Celebuzz]
5. Holmes and Yang, the fashion line of Katie Holmes and stylist Jeanne Yang, appears to be finished. The fashion duo have reportedly agreed to part ways due to a variety of differences. [People]
6. Well, it’s not exactly a rock and a hard place. Bones star David Boreanaz posed for a photo between his television wife Emily Deschanel and his former TV girlfriend Sarah Michelle Gellar. The former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star posted the photo on her Twitter account along with the caption, “A tale of two leading ladies.” [Zap2it]
Lea Michele Opens Up About Her Last Conversation With Cory Monteith
Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Buffy Belongs with Angel, Not Spike — Do You Agree? POLL
Jennifer Lawrence Loses Her Pants for Dior, Miley Cyrus is No Tinker Bell and More
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!