Wednesdays come and Wednesdays go, but celebrity headlines are forever. Let’s begin our trek towards the weekend with some pop culture news of the day! Grammy award winner Lorde starts her own line of cosmetics, Jimmy Fallon and Jon Hamm photobomb unsuspecting tourists, and we reveal the selfie capital of the world in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. Show them the money! Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney topped Billboard’s highest paid musicians of 2013 list earning an estimated $39,699,576.60 and $32,956,240.70, respectively. Justin Timberlake grabbed the third spot with an estimated $31,463,297.03. [Rolling Stone]
2. Jimmy Fallon and Jon Hamm helped to boost NYC tourism this week when the devilish duo took to photobombing unsuspecting visitors. During a Tonight Show segment, producers asked the unsuspecting tourists if they’d pose for a photo — unaware they were about to be photobombed by Hamm and The Tonight Show host. Say cheese and watch the hilarious video below! [Bustle]
3. During a recent concert in New York City, Lorde revealed one of her biggest fears to her audience: growing old. After a rather raucous party Lorde threw with her sister while her parents were away, the singer recalled the emotion she felt during the aftermath. “There’s something crazy about following the behaviors of adults,” she said. “It’s something that wakes me up at night and makes me scared.” [MTV]
4. Double Lorde Wednesday! The Grammy winner revealed she is partnering with MAC makeup to create her own line of original cosmetics. “MAC has a very clear aesthetic, that has always felt fashion forward to me,” Lorde said in a statement. “So I was really excited to work with them on these products, which I use pretty much every day and night. I hope you will too.” The limited edition collection will be available in stores this summer. [Cosmo]
5. Do you live in the “Selfie Capital of the World”? If you reside in Makati City, the financial center of the Philippines, then yes. Take a look at this interesting article that ranks the “selfiest cities in the world.” [Time]
6. Enjoy the rising temperatures with some hot new programming from ABC Family. The network announced premiere dates for three new series debuting this summer. The new hour long drama Chasing Life will premiere June 10th (following the summer return of Pretty Little Liars!), while two new half-hour comedies, Young & Hungry and the Jennie Garth, Tori Spelling collaboration Mystery Girls, will premiere June 25th. [EW]
Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Share A Sultry Dance — WATCH
Watch Nick Jonas Surprise Fans By Joining Demi Lovato On Stage At Concert
Jennifer Lawrence Told Shailene Woodley To Take ‘Divergent,’ Aaron Carter Calls Hilary Duff The ‘Love Of His Life’ And More
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!