Happy Friday, People’s Choicers! The weekend awaits, so let’s get right to the headlines. Grey’s Anatomy goes retro for the remainder of season 10, another Olsen is reportedly set to walk down the aisle, and a former classmate of Cory, Shawn, and Topanga is set to return on Girl Meets World. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. Enigmatic actor Nicolas Cage demonstrated a softer side to a fan during this year’s SXSW. After a fan revealed she missed her flight home so she could attend a Q & A with the star, Cage reportedly offered to pay for her return flight. [Reddit]
2. Celebrate Glee’s upcoming 100th episode with an exclusive behind the scenes video of the much anticipated television event! “I still remember the first scene we ever shot for this show was me and Cory,” star Matthew Morrison says during an interview for the behind-the-scenes video. “I just remember that moment, and I don’t know why, but that’s the moment that’s kind of sticking out the most for me today — just that first scene we ever shot for Glee.” [TV Line]
3. A former Boy Meets World star will be dropping by the new Disney Channel series Girl Meets World: Minkus! The former classmate of Cory, Shawn, and Topanga will appear in an upcoming episode of the new Disney series. While no official release date has been announced, Girl Meets World will debut on the Disney Channel later this year. [EW]
4. Have you noticed all the modern covers of classic ’80s songs during the last few episodes of Grey’s Anatomy? According to showrunner Shonda Rhimes and music supervisor Alex Patsavas, the remainder of Grey’s Anatomy‘s 10th season will exclusively feature only modern covers of ’80s music. [THR]
5. We have more Olsen engagement news! A couple of weeks ago it was reported that Mary-Kate Olsen was engaged and now, following in her sister’s footsteps, it appears as if Elizabeth Olsen is getting married as well. Elizabeth Olsen is reportedly engaged to Boyd Holbrook, whom she met on the set of the 2012 film Very Good Girls. [Pop Sugar]
6. Curious about Nicole Richie’s sudden transformation to purple hair? Richie’s colorist, Danny Moon, gave Us Weekly the exclusive scoop. “She was itching to try a new pastel shade,” Moon revealed. “She said pastel colors are sophisticated.” [Us Weekly]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!