We know, we know. Mondays are the worst. But what better way to start off your weekly reality check than with a fresh set of celebrity headlines? From Harry Potter secrets to Veronica Mars box office numbers, these stories will keep you entertained until it’s quitting time (okay, maybe not, but we promise they’ll at least distract you for the next 5 minutes).
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. If we had to pick a celebrity Khaleesi, it would obviously be Madonna. The material girl dressed up as GOT’s Daenerys Targaryen for the Jewish holiday Purim — and no, she didn’t skimp on the dragons. Check out the amazing photo above. [Bustle]
2. Harry Potter fans got a lesson in Quidditch this weekend. Author J.K. Rowling posted an extensive document on the Pottermore fansite with guidelines about the beloved fantasy sport. [MTV]
3. Well done, Marshmallows! Not only did the Kickstarter-funded Veronica Mars movie open to $2 million at the box office, there’s already talk about a possible sequel. [EW]
4. Michele Obama enlisted the help of some very special moms to get the word out about Obamacare. The first lady unveiled an ad featuring the mother’s of celebs — including Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, and more — to support health care registration. [USA Today]
5. Two singers. One Beyonce album. Five minutes. Watch the (now viral) awesomeness unfold below. [Buzzfeed]
6. Backstreet is back…again! The boys will be embarking on a North American tour with Avril Lavine beginning May 3. [Hollywood Life]
Nicholas Cage Buys Super Fan Plane Ticket Home From SXSW, Your First Look At ‘Glee’ 100, And More
Find Out Why Miranda Lambert Was ‘So Nervous’ About Working With Carrie Underwood
The Story Behind President Obama’s Viral Between Two Ferns Appearance, Celebs Do Their Best Matthew McConaughey Impersonation, And More
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!