Happy Monday! Question: What’s the best way to begin your work week? Answer: Pop culture headlines! A popular television series heads to the beach, One Direction wins big at the Kids’ Choice Awards, and a How I Met Your Mother duet you’ll definitely want to watch. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Good news, Harry Potter fans! J.K. Rowling may be back in the movie game. According to The New York Times, Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will reportedly become a “megamovie trilogy.” [USA Today]
2. The kids’ votes have apparently all been cast in one direction. Between various celebrity slimings (sorry Mark Wahlberg), One Direction won Favorite Music Group and Favorite Song during the 27th annual Kids’ Choice Awards. [SF Gate]
3. Want to see the Game of Thrones cast like you’ve never seen them before? One week before the popular series finally returns, take a gander at these photos of the tight-knit group of actors having some fun in the sun on the beach! [Vulture]
4. Lady Gaga knows how to turn 28 in style! Gaga, along with boyfriend Taylor Kinney, celebrated her birthday by supporting pal James Franco at his Broadway show, Of Mice and Men, on Saturday. [E Online]
5. Prepare to have your Monday MADE. Even though we’re all dreading our future case of How I Met Your Mother withdrawal, we can all enjoy this “legendary” duet of “Confrontation” from Les Miserables performed by HIMYM cast members Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris. [People]
6. Darren Aronofsky’s Biblical epic Noah captured the top spot at the box office this weekend earning an estimated $44 million. Last week’s number one movie, Divergent, finished a distant second raking in $26.5 million for the weekend, making for a grand total of $95.3 million. [EW]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!