Happy Monday! Grab a cup of java and start your week off with some pop culture headlines! The Captain America sequel dominates at the box office, Kristen Stewart debuts a daring new hair color, and Anna Kendrick dazzles in her Saturday Night Live debut! Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. How I Met Your Mother co-creator Carter Bays tweeted some good news for fans who were disappointed in the series finale: an alternate ending. “Update for those who’ve been asking: Alt
#himym ending will be on s9 DVD and also in the series box set.” [Rolling Stone]
2. There’s no defeating The Captain! Captain America: The Winter Soldier dominated the box office debuting to a record-breaking $96.2 million in North America for an early worldwide total of an astonishing $303.3 million. Domestically, the Captain America sequel topped Fast Five to become the top April opening of all-time. [Hollywood Reporter]
3. Are you a fan of Kristen Stewart’s bold new hair color? Take a gander at the Twilight star’s new orange look below. [People]
4. Anna Kendrick shined in her debut performance hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend! From her musical theater inspired monologue to her hilarious portrayal of Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Kendrick’s infectious energy and effortless charm were simply pitch perfect. [EW]
5. Ed Sheeran released a sneak peek of his latest track! Sheeran’s “Sing” is set to be released later today, but you can watch a sample video of his new single below. [Just Jared Jr.]
6. We’re going to have a little less Glee this season. Fans of the popular series will only be treated to 20 episodes this season as opposed to the traditional 22. The Hollywood Reporter cites the episode reduction is a result of the production hiatus that occurred earlier this season due to the sudden passing of star Cory Monteith. [E Online]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!