Happy Wednesday, People’s Choicers! Let’s get to the headlines, shall we? Robert Downey Jr. celebrates his 49th birthday in surprising fashion, Justin Bieber finds himself behind the wheels of a new car, and Scarlett Johansson is in need of a new nickname. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Step aside, Madonna, this is how you Vogue. According to some estimates, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Vogue cover will likely sell 300,000 to 400,000 copies. If accurate, those numbers would be on par with or possibly surpass top-selling issues featuring Beyonce and Michelle Obama. [E Online]
2. How did Robert Downey Jr., the actor known for portraying Iron Man, celebrate his 49th birthday? By supporting his good friend Captain America! Downey organized a family-friendly screening of the Captain America sequel for dozens of kids and their parents. [People]
3. The honor of performing the official anthem of the 2014 World Cup goes to: Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull! Take a look! [USA Today]
4. Attention, universe! Scarlett Johansson loathes the nickname “ScarJo.” The Avengers star recently revealed her hatred of the moniker to Glamour magazine. “I associate that name with, like, pop stars. It sounds tacky,” Jo-Hans admitted. “It’s lazy and flippant. And there’s something kind of violent about it. There’s something insulting about it.” [ABC News]
5. Justin Bieber may have some new wheels. Rumor has it that Uncle Stunna, aka Birdman, has lent Bieber his luxurious Bugatti, which can retail for as much as $2.5 million. [Cosmo]
6. Looks like we’re going to have two more years of winter! HBO announced that their popular fantasy series Game of Thrones has been renewed for a 5th and 6th season! [Vulture]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!