From the illuminati to Loch Ness monster, there are plenty of urban legends that tiptoe the line of “could they actually be real?” While no one will ever really know about some, we’re here to set the record straight about one urban legend that really exists: The secret menu at Starbucks.
From a Cotton Candy Frap to a Twix Captain Crunch Frappuccino, the secret menu is very much real, and has something for everyone! But, like anything totally awesome in life, it doesn’t exist without exception. The secret menu varies by location and region, and there’s no official decision on how to make every drink.
However, there’s one rule of the secret menu that all Starbucks baristas can agree on. If you want to order a drink from it, you better know the ingredients and how to make it. Since the menu possibilities are essentially endless, and the coffee company doesn’t sanction the menu, there’s no way your local barista would know how to make them all.
So if you have your heart set on a Cake Batter latte, come prepared with the recipe!
Here are the best pop culture-themed drinks from the Starbucks secret menu:
Willy Wonka Frappuccino.
- Start with a Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- Add extra java chips
- Add extra mocha syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
- Add hazelnut syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
- Top with regular or chocolate whipped cream and mocha drizzle
- Whole milk steamer
- Add Caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top (or creme brulee topping if you prefer)
- Optional if you prefer to add a coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)
The 101 Chocolate Dalmatian.
- White Chocolate Mocha (Hot, Iced or Frappuccino)
- Add java chips
- Top with more java chips!
- Optional: Add vanilla or hazelnut syrup for extra sweetness
Which drink from the Starbucks Secret Menu will you be trying?
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!