Happy Monday! Start your week with the very best in pop culture news from the weekend. Captain America is finally defeated at the box office, Selena Gomez wins big at the Radio Disney Music Awards, and in one of the most surprising developments of the weekend, George Clooney is (probably) engaged! Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines.
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Out of Sight! Perennial bachelor George Clooney is engaged! The actor reportedly popped the question to British attorney Amal Alamuddin, and a source with knowledge of the situation told People that the couple are “trying to keep things very low-key.” [People]
2. The Other Woman ended Captain America: The Winter Soldier’s three-week reign as the number one movie at the box office this weekend earning an estimated $24.7 million. Marvel’s superhero sequel finished second bringing in $16 million. [EW]
3. Selena Gomez dominated the Radio Disney Music Awards on Saturday night taking home the Song of the Year, Best Song To Dance To, and Most Talked About Artist awards! [Billboard]
4. A documentary film crew uncovered hundreds of boxes filled with E.T. video games that Atari allegedly buried in a New Mexico dessert back in 1983. [Vulture]
5. Let’s talk about Kevin Federline, shall we? Before he became Mr. Britney Spears, K-Fed was a backup dancer in Justin Timberlake’s “Like I Love You” music video. Take a look! [BuzzFeed]
6. The Disney Channel announced production has begun on a sequel to their wildly popular Teen Beach Movie. Original cast members Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Garrett Clayton, and John DeLuca will be reprising their roles for the much anticipated sequel. [TV Line]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!