Happy Wednesday, everyone! Ready or not, here are your morning headlines. Lana Del Rey releases a new song, season two of True Detective adds another lead, and Jim Carrey provides an inspirational speech to the graduating class of 2014. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Fans hoping to attend prom with Austin Mahone may be out of luck. Mahone recently admitted that he “wasn’t popular in high school” and has “no interest in prom.” Austin Mahone’s latest EP, The Secret, is available now! [USA Today]
2. Bill Murray may just be the ultimate party crasher. The iconic actor recently provided some words of wisdom to a bachelor party at a Charleston steakhouse. “If you have someone that you think is the one … take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world and go to places that are hard to go to and hard to get out of. And … when you land at JFK and you’re still in love with that person, get married.” [Today]
3. True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto revealed yesterday that season two of the popular HBO program will feature three leads as opposed to two. Who would you like to see cast for the second season? [The Wrap]
4. During a recent L.A. shopping trip, Rihanna surprisingly walked through an outdoor mall completely unnoticed. You would think the bodyguard and bright pink wig would have attracted some attention? [BuzzFeed]
5. Jim Carrey gave an inspiring commencement speech to Maharishi University of Management’s class of 2014 over the weekend. “I learned many great lessons from my father,” Carrey said. “Not the least of which is that you can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” [ABC News]
6. Need a little shade to withstand the end of May heat? Lana Del Rey released “Shades of Cool,” the second song off her forthcoming album. [Cosmo]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!