Happy Friday! Start your weekend off on the right foot by perusing our pop culture headlines! Today we have a detailed profile on The Fault in Our Stars author John Green, tips to improve your selfie game, and definitive proof that the women of Game of Thrones are tougher than the men. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read today:
1. In the June edition of Cosmo, Katy Perry opened up about her ex-boyfriend John Mayer. “I’m living in the now and not fantasizing about the future or [being] torn up about the past,” Perry said of Mayer. “I have a lot of respect for [John] still, and I know it goes both ways. There’s no bad blood, but I’m sure there will be inspired songs.” [Us Weekly]
2. Who is The Fault in Our Stars author John Green, and why do people love him? If so, you may want to read this intriguing profile of the YA author featured on Vulture. [Vulture]
3. Need definitive proof that the women of Game of Thrones are tougher than the men? BuzzFeed claims to have it! [BuzzFeed]
4. Does your selfie game leave a lot to be desired? Instagram has unveiled 10 new photo editing features that will improve your selfie skills. [Seventeen]
5. Tom Cruise and Cher? Justin Timberlake and Fergie? Take a look at this entertaining slideshow of unlikely celebrity couples. [Us Weekly]
6. Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, the creative team behind television favorites The O.C., Gossip Girl, and Chuck, have inked a two year first-look production deal with Universal Pictures. The creative duo are are currently writing and will produce the studio’s live-action feature Monster High. [Hollywood Reporter]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!