Happy Tuesday, People’s Choicers! Welcome to today’s morning headlines. Today we look at 29 questions regarding Harry Potter, listen to a fun new Kacey Musgrave and Katy Perry collaboration, and celebrate Jeopardy host Alex Trebek. Those stories and more are waiting for you in today’s morning headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read today:
1. Do you have a few questions about Harry Potter? Apparently, you’re not alone. Take a look at this BuzzFeed post that details 29 questions Tumblr has raised regarding our favorite wizard. [BuzzFeed]
2. Are you a fan of country-pop crossovers? During a recent appearance on CMT’s Crossroads, Katy Perry and Kacey Musgraves collaborated on the Musgrave hit “Follow Your Arrow.” Listen below! [Cosmo]
3. Castle creator Andrew Marlowe is stepping down as showrunner for season 7 of the popular ABC series. Marlowe will continue to maintain a presence on the show, while executive producer David Amann will take over the writers’ room. [EW]
4. The Lifetime network is planning a biopic about the life of Aaliyah. “Replay” singer Zendaya has been tapped to portray the late R&B sensation in the upcoming film. [The Wrap]
5. Maroon 5 released “Maps,” their first single off their forthcoming album V. Maroon 5’s V will be released September 2nd. [Bustle]
6. We’ll take “most game show episodes hosted by the same presenter” for $100, Alex. Jeopardy host Alex Trebek is now the Guinness World Record holder for “most game show episodes hosted” racking up an astounding 6,829 episodes. [People]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!