Happy Tuesday, People’s Choicers! In today’s edition of our morning headlines we preview the latest Gone Girl trailer, reveal the identity of a new Arrow cast member, and take a stroll down memory lane with the cast of Harry Potter. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
1. A former Superman is coming to Starling City! Man of Steel star Brandon Routh has secured a recurring role on the third season of the CW series Arrow. Routh will be portraying the new owner of Queen Consolidated, Ray Palmer, aka DC superhero The Atom. [TV Line]
2. How much has the cast of Harry Potter changed from the first movie to the last? BuzzFeed posted an interesting gallery that allows you to manipulate the photos of your favorite Harry Potter stars. [BuzzFeed]
3. Turns out that Pharrell Williams isn’t the only musically gifted member of his family! The “Happy” singer recently told Ryan Seacrest that his five-year-old son Rocket is quite the musician as well. “When he was 7-and-a-half months, I was playing these notes on the piano, and then after I sang it, he sang the note. Then when he was 2, he started playing keys on his own.” [Ryanseacrest.com]
4. Need a little Ben Affleck to start the day? Well, you’re in luck! The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl has been released. Gone Girl arrives in theaters October 3. [Forbes]
5. In the market for some Pitch Perfect 2 information? Elizabeth Banks recently revealed a few plot details regarding the highly anticipated sequel. “It’s going great. [The Bellas] have gotten too big for their britches, possibly, literally. And they’ve sort of forgotten about the music a little bit.” [Just Jared]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!