This year’s Super Bowl was a close game! After four edge-of-your-seat quarters, the New England Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28 to 24. And with a match-up that good, you know this year’s championship was bound to be a star-studded event. And we’re not just talking about Katy Perry’s halftime pyrotechnics.
Many a music, movie, and TV star flocked to the University of Phoenix stadium in Arizona to see the pinnacle clash of the NFL. Its almost like Hollywood was put on hold for football last night. It just goes to show you that even famous people can be as diehard and rowdy when it comes to cheering for their favorite team as the rest of us.
Whether they were cheering for the victors or the vanquished, these celebrities showed their team spirit via social media.
1. Supermodel Gisele Bundchen was obviously “Team Hubby” as she and her boys cheered on her husband, New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady.
2. Seattle-born rapper Macklemore was repping the green, blue and silver hard even after his team’s loss.
3. Britney Spears reunited with Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler at the game. We’re sure they reminisced about their 2001 halftime show.
4. Comedians Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell were cracking jokes in the stands.
5. Anna Faris and Chris Pratt were standing for Seattle, while Boston-born Captain America star Chris Evans rocked his Pats Nation colors.
The stakes were especially high for Pratt and Evans, who had a big bet going into the game.
6. The Vampire Diaries Nina Dobrev rubbed it in Pratt’s face when the Seahawks lost by 4 and caught Evans mid-celebration.
7. Dobrev also cheered alongside Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo.
8. Supermodel and superfoodie Chrissy Teigen was rocking a Seahawks hat but it really seems like she was rooting for the snacks the whole time.
What was your favorite celebrity sighting at Super Bowl XLIX?
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!