It’s finally Friday! Celebrate with a big surprise from Netflix, some major generosity from Taylor Swift, and the highly anticipated A Deadly Adoption trailer. All that and more in today’s headlines.
1. Netflix released Orange is the New Black six hours earlier than planned. A surprise reward for good behavior! Now if you’ll excuse us for the next thirteen hours… [Deadline]
2. American Horror Story is heading to Comic Con! The FX anthology will have its own panel at SDCC, though there has been no confirmation whether or not they are bringing a scary clown along to particpate. [Entertainment Weekly]
3. The A Deadly Adoption trailer was released. The Lifetime satire from the minds of Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig doesn’t premiere until next week, but this first look already has us in stitches. [E! Online]
4. Both 21st Century Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo announced that they are stepping down from their posts in the near future. It’s obvious they just wanted to have more time to binge watch Orange is the New Black. [The Hollywood Reporter/USA Today]
5. Sandra Bullock walked a major red carpet for the first time in more than a year and looked better than ever. If only it was as easy for everyone to keep out of the public eye for a year and then reemerge with a great beach body and glowing skin! [US Weekly]
6. Taylor Swift donated money to a firefighter in Texas and his hospitalized family. The pop star contributed $15,000 to the family’s GoFundMe. Here’s hoping the generous donation help the injured wife and son get out of the woods soon. [Buzzfeed]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!