Here at the People’s Choice Awards, we’re big fans of celebrities who use their fame and fortune to give back, which is why we have chosen to bestow this year’s “Favorite Humanitarian” award on Ellen DeGeneres. For years, Ellen has used her platform to help those in need, promote good causes, and give back whenever possible. With the help of generous sponsors and other celebrity friends, the talk show host has been able to change the lives of people all over the world!
With the awards show just around the corner, you won’t have to wait long to see Ellen accept the “Favorite Humanitarian” award, no doubt in her usual hilarious manner! Until then, we’ve got a list of the 12 times Ellen’s selflessness on The Ellen Degeneres Show brought a tear to our eyes.
1. Mark Wahlberg Does Chin-Ups For Charity
2. Ellen Honors Pittsburg Firefighter, Matt Onyshko
3. Ellen and Minni Driver Promote Oxfam
4. Ellen Promotes A Foundation Started By a Mom Reeling From Tragedy
5. Ellen Helps Out A Wounded Veteran
6. Ellen Donates Supplies to an Elementary School
7. Ellen Gives Back to the Detroit Achievement Academy
8. Ellen Surprises a Fan With a New Home
9. Ellen and Mason Wartman Help Feed the Homeless
10. Ellen Surprises Two Incredible Friends: Jesse & Jasmine
11. A Life-Changing Giveaway to Fans in Need
12. Ellen and Dierks Bentley Help a Loyal Soldier
Hit the comments to let us know which moment above made you emotional, and don’t forget to watch Ellen DeGeneres accept the “Favorite Humanitarian” honor during the People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday.
People’s Choice Awards 2016 will air live from the Microsoft Theater on Wednesday, January 6, 2016 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/delayed PT) on CBS.
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!