Read about the latest director attached to Space Jam 2, exciting Britney Spears news, and a development that might delay next season of Scandal. That and more in today’s headlines.
1. Justin Lin might be directing the Space Jam sequel starring LeBron James. Working title: Space James. [The Hollywood Reporter]
2. Oprah Winfrey is returning to acting with The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It will be her first film since Selma two years ago. [Deadline]
3. Britney Spears will perform a greatest hits medley at the Billboard Music Awards. She will also be honored with the Millennium Award, because of course. [Billboard]
4. Kerry Washington’s pregnancy might push the next season of Scandal to 2017. Who will think of the TGIT’ers!? [TVLine]
5. Watch the first trailer for Scream Season 2. Everyone totally lives this time…or not. [MTV News]
6. The Rock now has his own alarm clark app. Everything sounds amazing, except for the whole “no snooze button” feature. Not all of us have The Rock’s morning motivation. [Instagram]