Pretend it’s still the weekend with a list of Cannes award winners, the international box office success of X-Men: Apocalypse, and a confirmed casting for Spider-Man: Homecoming. That and more in today’s headlines.
1. See the full list of Cannes 2016 award winners. The only people that have seen the films are in France, so you’ll have to agree or disagree with the wins based on the movie descriptions alone. [Vulture]
2. Tamar Braxton is leaving The Real. The singer is aiming to spend more time on her solo career and with her family. [E! Online]
3 Jesse L. Martin says The Flash finale will be “very rough”. As if the rest of the season has been such a cakewalk. [TVLine]
4. Michael Keaton is confirmed as a villain in Spider-Man: Homecoming. If you say his name three times, Spider-Man will have to fight him in a climactic battle with an entire city at stake. [WhatCulture]
5. X-Men: Apocalypse is doing great business at the international box office. Insert your preferred “this is the opposite of an apocalypse” joke here. [Variety]
6. See the latest Star Trek Beyond trailer. It is far “beyond” the first trailer in terms of quality and the movie’s tone. [Yahoo! Movies]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!