Push through a Wednesday with Super Bowl hosting announcements, the first trailer for Collide, and a crazy new Paul McCartney project on the horizon. That and more in today’s headlines.
1. Epix ordered a Get Shorty series adaptation. If it gets Gene Hackman to act again, we’re all in. [Variety]
2. Watch the first trailer for Felicity Jones’ Collide. Shockingly, it has nothing to do with the Howie Day song. [Deadline]
3. The Avengers cast visited a huge fan suffering from cancer. They can stop their bickering and war games for long enough to please sick fans. [Yahoo! Movies]
4. Adam Sandler will write and star in a new animated movie. Nine Crazy Nights? [Entertainment Weekly]
5. Paul McCartney is starring in a virtual reality docu-series. Probably about what would have happened if Pete Best was never replaced by Ringo Starr. [Billboard]
6. Los Angeles is set to host the Super Bowl in 2021. Get ready for sunshine and traffic on Wilshire. [The Hollywood Reporter]