Leave for a sunny weekend with all of the news you need to impress your friends, such as a new Sleepy Hollow lead, the return of Furby, and an update on the next Lady Gaga album. That and more in today’s headlines.
1. Sleepy Hollow might be getting a new female lead. As if anybody could replace Abbie in Crane’s heart. [TVLine]
2. Newt Scamander is getting his own Funko Pop! toy. Everyone could use some pocket-sized Newt Scamander in their lives. [Entertainment Weekly]
3. Furby is back, and can now connect to Bluetooth. As if there needed to be another way for Furbys to come to life and terrify people. [Mashable]
4. Lady Gaga has recorded eight songs for her new album so far. Eight is enough to release to the masses, right Gaga? [People]
5. Ellie Kemper is writing a memoir. Which will certainly be more uplifting than her on-screen persona’s background in Kimmy Schmidt. [Vulture]
6. Ron Howard tweeted out a photo of the Dark Tower set. Ron Howard supplying Idris Elba content is [Yahoo! Movies]
For the latest pop culture news and voting, make sure to sign up for the People’s Choice newsletter!